twitter

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I am blessed.

In one way or another , I am truly blessed . And for that , I am eternally grateful. Recently , I have been admitted into Universiti Malaya . Before this , I had the the usual stereotypes that local universities are sucky and doesn't even begin to compare with private unis which are on a whole new level altogether. However , as they say It is only when one have lost something that one begins to appreciate .

After doing rather averagely in STPM , my only ticket to private unis , which is the scholarship, is admittedly gone. That leaves me with no choice but to compete with the rest in the struggle against the best local unis. Before doing research, I had no idea that UM is among the top 5 unis in Malaysia , nor have I even heard of it before. Such is the price of ignorance.

Then comes the torturous waiting period . After acknowledging that UM is good , in fact it sounds heavenly to me from the way my seniors described it , I vowed to get in , despite my average results. It was torturous , as I have no complete confidence that I will gain admission to it as I heard the selection process is rather stringent and adding the fact that there will be many other top students that will be competing to get in , my chances are getting dimmer and dimmer.

However, the sad fact is that no matter what I do , I have neither the power nor authority to determine who gets in and who doesn't. So, the only thing I can do is pray. And pray I did. In a desperate attempt to get in , I filled in all 8 spaces in upu selection with 8 different courses in UM. And boy , am I glad that it worked out.

On the day the results of uni admission were announced , I trembled in fear . Fear ,because I know it would be disastrous if I don't get in . Anxiety and nervousness gets the better of me . As the time approached , I could virtually felt cold sweats dripping . Then , it happened. The moment of truth arrived , and before me , the results appeared. In an instant , anxiety and nervousness vanquished , being replaced by the subtle sense of shock and relief , then euphoria !

I was excited beyond words . Slowly , being jolted awake by the nudges and messages from friend, it came to me that it wasn't a dream. I made it somehow.

Fast forward a week later, I am still in the state of shock . Now , I am all pumped up and ready to go to uni , after a rather stagnant 7 months of holiday * even working days are stagnant for me * .It finally felt like a new chapter , a new phase of life is coming .

For now, only the sense of trepidation and nervousness engulfs me. I can't wait to experience it . The last schooling experience I will ever get is about to start. All I can do now is again.. pray for the best . May I get to befriends good friends , may I get to enjoy myself , and most of all may I get to be happy :) . The same goes for all my friends too.. Best of luck to all of you .

Shall be blogging about uni life soon . Stay tuned :)

No comments:

= Nuffnang =