twitter

Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's 3a.m now. =]




*Tick ,Tock, Tick , Tock * The sound of the clock ticking reminds me of the time . It is now 3 a.m in the morning, and I am still here, wide awake, staring at the bright light emitted by the second idot box, the label I put on my computer.Now, for heaven's sake why on earth am I still awake now,at this unearthly hour where most NORMAL people would already be in their beds , in a deep slumber having their wildest dreams ?

Apparently , now I am still wide awake, full of enthutiasm and all fired up to do anything crazy .Hah, the reason ? I owe it much to two things. The first being the "short" 4 hour nap I had earlier from 8 pm to 12 am. Well, I wouldn't call it short now .If there is any habit or "skill" I had picked up during this holiday , it have to be the ability to have power naps.

From the average 8 hours sleep that every common people should and would have ,I had learnt to shortened the span to around 4 hours or so. Nowadays, my lifestyle mainly revolve around me sleeping or doing other lifeless thing.If I haven't been sleeping ,I would be stuck here in front of this second idiot box playing some lifeless games or outside wasting money.

That being said, one could even say that sleeping is the only productive things I had done during my holiday.Well,sleeping IS PRODUCTIVE right? in the sense that it helps rejuvenate your cells and repair your cells and of course there are other biological things that would happen when one is asleep,I shall leave that to bio students to find it out as I am not really that keen on biological stuffs,which is why I am a physic student and not bio student now. ( not that I really like physic that much anyway, just that I would prefer it over biology.Well, now I am starting to regret I chose this =[ )

Either way, emphasising my sleeping hours, I have to say that it is a pretty crazy sleeping schedule I am having now. I sleep when I felt like it, and often wake up later than what I had intended.And with all the inconsistencies that followed , I don't even know when's the next time I would be awake or asleep. Heck, the fact that I am still here at 3 am and probably won't be sleeping till around 5 or 6 perfectly illustrates that.

Anyway, that was the first reason, now, the second reason that got me all fired up and full of enthusiasm is..... the novel I had just read a moment ago. Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress ".Superbly engrossing and mesmerising , with twists and turns you would never expect ,this is indeed a novel to be reckoned with . Truth to be told, I was never a fan of literary books.At first ,I was never even a fan of books.There was a time when I hated reading.Well, I still do now but at the very least I had taken a liking to reading articles I deem interesting.

I digressed.Again,as I have mentioned before, literary stuffs confuses me. I could never understand what joy could anyone derive from reading a bunch of texts and words.I would rather spend time sleeping than reading a novel. And yet now, I find myself turning pages after pages, hungry to quench my thirst for knowledge ,mystery and suspense.I find myself devouring pages after pages, and soon enough, without realising it, I am already halfway through the novel.

It awed and equally surprised me that someone like me actually read through all those pages.And now, it is a question no longer.The mystery is solved.Apart from games, movies and sleeping, I had found a new way of deriving happiness.Yes, novel. Nice novels.

Back to the novel,as I flipped through the pages, it was like a journey to a unknown world, and as I slowly read through the words , the bunch of texts and jargons transformed into live,realistic images, so real and tangible ,limited only by the boundaries of your imagination. I find it highly engrossing and eventhough I had read it halfway ,I can assure you, Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" ,like many of his other famous film adapted titles, Angels and Demons , and Da Vinci Code, is nothing short of amazing ! Thus, if any of you readers here that are bored and never tried reading novel before, try it. Guaranteed satisfaction ensured =] .

A little bit on my personal note, November has slipped away and now it is December taking over.Time passes so fast, and the changes that have been taking place lately seems so drastic that it scares me. Either way, change is not all that bad.November have been a month full of confusion and mysteries,with each mysteries provoking thoughts on incomprehensible matters.And in this very month too , that I struggled to keep on my roots of my belief, to stand strong despite the much dreaded rumours ,gossip and people's talk affecting me. And the memories of the past begins to haunt me again .History repeats itself again ,literally. and yes, I was thrown back into the deep abyss surrounded by sorrow, gloom and incomprehensible agony.

Neverthesless, the passage of time marched on relentlessly, and now the December month saw all of the bad vibes fading away and vanishes into thin air.December is the festive season , with Christmas just around the corner. My mind is finally cleared now as to what I am supposed to do and what I must do.No more confusion and unnecessary worries over nonsensical and absolutely ludicrous things.In retrospect, I ought to laugh at it now.It is the time to be happy , throwing away all the gloom and sadness, and ready to accept happiness,joy ,excitement and be optimistic and sanguine over the prospect of future.

I think I am ready now. Ready to embrace a happy world, Ready to let go of the past , and Ready to accept whatever the future have in store for me, and consequently be grateful that I have what I have now = ] . HAPPY HOLIDAY !! =D
biggrinbiggrinbiggrin





1 comment:

Springmelt said...

"not that I really like physic that much anyway, just that I would prefer it over biology."

haha....
give me five!! *piak*

erm...try to turn on your 'biological clock',not to take nap for such a long time.(4hours).XD

= Nuffnang =