twitter

Monday, April 30, 2012

Of Love, Dreams and Aspirations

Flawless skin complexion , hour glass figures , silky, long jet-black flowing hairs , that sultry lips . She possessed almost all of those ideal qualities , coupled with an amicable personality and a dazzling smile , I could find no reasons to resist giving my heart to her , as though any men in the world would be able to resist her,

The first time our eyes met , everything seems to slow down , the background fades into a blur , leaving behind the only focus , her . You know what they say about falling in love for the first time? Like in a romantic love scene , time seems to stand still at that exact moment . My heart skips a beat , and then another beat.. and slowly but surely began to palpitate at a pace I was unfamiliar with.

My face expression gave in , and the awkward smile began fading away , giving a blushed , flustered look. I guessed Lady Luck was smiling at me . Either that or it must have been a figment of my imagination , because I swear , at that moment , I saw an angel smiling at me.

It was a cute grin at first , but it slowly turned into a mesmerizing , dazzling smile . I was speechless , stunned even. All I could do was to reply with an awkward looking smile . After what seems like an eternity to me , we started talking , with she started the conversation first.  Her voice was an absolute bliss.

It started with a small , casual talk . But I guessed the regular chat through the net and phone did the trick . The once casual talk that we had grew into endless conversation and what began as casual admiration feeling slowly grew into love.  The rest ,as they said , is history ;).

***

Now , that would be how I envision my love life would be after countless watch and re-watch of romantic dramas and movies but unfortunately reality is just too harsh and is totally different from the usual fantasy portrayed in the movies.

Instead of the dazzling , handsome prince riding a white horse , I am but an average-looking Average Joe with no transportation whatsoever except my pair of old , but workable legs. And instead of beautiful , model-like women accidentally bumping into me and we had love at the first sight sort of thing , the closest physical contact I ever got with a women was holding a little kid’s hand while crossing the road. ( A little bit too much of exaggeration but , oh well u get the idea :P ).

Geez, reality sure is harsh huh. Not to mention , instead of elegant , charismatic princess-like women surrounding me , in reality , you are most likely get a bunch of women with different , complicated personality and very little , if not none of that princess like features that I mentioned aforehand. Not that beauty is a big issue . Beauty itself is a very subjective thing and every people viewed it differently . So, someone who you deem as not so good-looking might be very good looking to others and vice versa. However, the things that irate me are the complications, or more appropriately termed  “patterns” shown by some girls.

Over the few years , I have seen much patterns shown by some girls . These includes egoistic, control-maniac, princess syndrome , perfectionist , and etc. Girls that have egoistic behavior and princess syndrome are basically the same , in the sense that they take everything men do for granted , without any sense of gratitude or even appreciation to them. The control maniacs on the other hand , will assume authority in every matter , without even listening to other’s opinions . Whereas the perfectionists , are the one that would demand perfection in everything , insisting that people did not give their best without realizing that everyone’s limitation of giving their best is different .Of course, even us men are susceptible and liable to these “patterns” but in our defense, these stereotyped patterns are found more generally in women.

I digressed. As the main focus of this post today is about how I envision my love life to be , I shall refrain from expounding further on that argument . So, going back to how love life should be.

 As a romanticist at heart , obviously I would want that ideal situation with that ideal model- like women. But as I slowly grew up and attained maturity . Slowly but surely , I realized that if the environment itself is hard to change , then change yourself. Beauty is subjective to your own perspective . And beauty itself may not necessarily be the determining factor. There are lots of other factors contributing to love. Plus, who says love can be predicted or anticipated? When love comes, you just fall head over heels.. And they call it fall in love , because you literally fall into it , something that you can never prepare or anticipate for it beforehand.

And like what one of my friend said, sometimes it’s all the imperfections that made it perfect. For now,  I don’t want to look for the girl with the perfect hour glass figures , flawless complexion and pretty face . I am looking for someone who would love me as much as I love her ;) .

Ah… the things I would love to do with a lover .. They are countless ! Top of my list being to travel around the world , visiting fascinating Mother Nature’s creation , one at a time, a guitar by my hand, another hand holding hers , and enjoying life to the fullest !!!

Oh well, guess that would be left for the future me to deal with. As for the present me, all I need to do is to enjoy the presence , and enjoy life, one step at a time  ;) Till the happiness in the not too distant future comes ,  hopefully I shall be able to continue retaining this positive attitude. See ya ~ 
The scene that inspired this post. Scene from Roraima Mountain , Venezuela .

No comments:

= Nuffnang =