twitter

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jogging

At first it was a gentle, warm breeze that slowly caresses my cheek . Then , the nature ,as if conspiring against me , the warm breeze turned into a gust of wind , stopping me from going any further . Nevertheless , I persevered , with my heart palpitating at a above average pace and legs moving more and more swiftly . As I approaches the destination ,my mind slowly turning blank , leaving behind only one thought : Faster . The synapses traveled from my brain to each and every body part of mine . An adrenaline rush radiated within my body , and I ran, with a speed much faster than I thought I could possibly capable of , and it finally happened . Sweats dripping down from my cheek , and leaking out from virtually every sweat pore in my body , then a feeling of liberation and relief filled me . TOUCHDOWN! 10 laps , finally being completed at last !


***



Jogging , according to Wikipedia , is a form of trotting or running at a slow or leisurely pace. The main intention is to increase physical fitness with less stress on the body than from faster running. 


But for me however , the definition of jogging extends far beyond that . Jogging , is an  exhausting , tiring , stamina-sapping yet fun and liberating physical activity that provides an unique experience to every individual person .
On the way to the park behind my house.

Only recently , did I try taking up this sport after hearing about its health benefits ,which includes burning fats , strengthening bones and muscles , improves sleep and countless others. In fact, it's so popular that almost every single fitness enthusiast would recommend incorporating jogging into your fitness regimen.


The beautiful park , complete with its jogging track



So, being someone who is always eager to try new things and get out from my comfort zone, I tried it out. Not surprisingly , I got hooked to it immediately . Every single time I went jogging , it provides the same liberating experience and every jog is different and unique. It helps that there's a nice park , complete with jogging tracks and background scenery to compliment the experience.


I have the say , when you jog at a consistently slow pace , your mind will start filtering out all your worries and stresses , leaving behind a crystal clear mind , and an ability to think better and focuses on more higher priorities in life. It also helps you to focus and concentrates better .When you raised up a gear and decided to go for a faster , brisk pace , that's when your mind will completely blanked out , allowing you to focus completely on .


Better yet , jogging is like a journey to re-discover yourself and allows you to forget about the trivialities in life , to do a little self reflection and soul searching . Even now , I am still perplexed as to why people don't like jogging . It is easily one of the best physical exercise that doesn't demands much and offers a lot of health benefits all packaged in an  convenient ,easily accessible . ( Well you just have to need yourself and an area to jog in ) If you haven't try it yet , grab your running shoes ( or even barefoot if you prefer ) and start jogging/running now ! 






My starting point and also my final destination : the yellow hump




The sign reads " Caution , slow down " . The first time I saw it , I  laughed as  it would be funny if this sign was a practical joke intended for joggers/runners that ran too fast .


On the side note , time does flies doesn't it ? In a nick of time , it's already the first of July . 2 months of break seems very short now with the way time moves . Nevertheless , this is the cruel reality of life . The fact is all of us are given the equal 24 hours a day , and no matter how we choose to spend it , time will march on relentlessly . So , why not choose to spend it in a more productive way ? Here's for a better future ! Cheers people . Until next post :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you about the advantages of jogging can bring us!

Jogging did the miracle to cure my hurtful soul when I was very upset last year. Worries were gone, no more haunting insomnia, and while running, I did have several goals of what I want to achieve forming in my mind!

it is always one of the ways for me to relax myself and keeping my body in shape!

=ʑɛɳ9night= said...

Hey buddy , thanks for always checking out my blog and leaving comments ! Haha I think the area where you live is very suitable for jogging right ? I am glad you felt better after jogging ^^. Keep it up ! Thanks again :) How's your holiday so far? Hope it's great. !

= Nuffnang =