twitter

Sunday, July 11, 2010

King And I

Holla ! Good day people ! Sorry, it has taken so long for yours truly to actually had the energy to get out from his lazy chair and started blogging . =) Procrastination really is a force to be reckoned with,especially much so when one have been practising it for the past 18 years lol.

Anyway, moving on. As promised on the last blog post. I shall be blogging about the "King And I" play produced and acted by the talented casts of Penang Free School . On 4th of July 2010, SMK Penang Free had staged a play entitled "King And I " in Dewan Sri Pinang.

Basically , this story revolves around the King of Siam,acted by pfs student ,Brian John Dorai,acting the kind but ignorant king that thinks that men are greater than women in every aspect and that women's only role is to entertain and teach men.While the main actress, Charisma, acted as Anna, the sophisticated,modern English teacher that came from England at the request of the King of Siam to educate his children.

I must say , I was rather amazed at their performance.Frankly speaking ,having seen their rehearsals in school hall, I was just expecting an average performance, just slightly above average at their best .However, I was blowed away when the play started.It really is gratifying to see that pfs managed to stage a play of this quality given its deteriorating status.Judging from the positive feedbacks from the audience, I say that the tradition of the play isn't going away anytime soon =). Okay ,enough comments, here are some pictures and video to entertain u guys who happened to miss this grand production :D
King's servant

The arrival of the King of SiamSome of the main cast awaiting the command of King.

Anna and her son (right most )
The main cast at the end of the show.

There are much more photos but sadly my procrastination nature prevents me from uploading them.But, if you are still interested in seeing more photos, feel free to check this gay awesome guy's profile here and add him as fren immediately and see the photos in his album entitled "The King & I PFS Production 2010".

*P.s The above pictures are stolen from him with his permission too XD *

Oh,and here's a video for you guys who missed it ;) Have fun.

No comments:

= Nuffnang =