twitter

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Liberation

After what seems like an never ending eternity , the proverbial sunshine after storm finally arrived. It was such a surreal experience. The end of da yao concert yesterday marks the end of my 2nd major event that I joined in university in my first year.The first major event being the choir competition. 2 down , 1 more to go = ). I am so glad that they have ended .

Though I have no regrets that I joined these events , things could have been better if I had known earlier what I am going into when I first made those decisions. As I have mentioned before, there are many things that you won't know unless you entered and get your hands dirty yourself. One cannot predict the future . And recently I stumbled across an awesome quote which goes like this "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat". -Theodore Roosevelt-

Cool ! Aha, at least I tried greatly , and in this case , even triumphed successfully !!! I have learned a lot from this episode. One important lesson that I have gained is regarding people.In general , there are two types of people in this world , those who are on your side, and those who are not . However , if we were to let ourselves be confined within these two school of thoughts only, we are doomed to fail .

People's mindset ,learning style , and way of thinking varies and differs from one person to another. This may be due to the different environment,culture, or even their predisposed genetic make up. If you and me disagree on something , it doesn't necessarily mean that you are right and i am wrong or vice versa ,it just means that we think differently , and no one should be blame for that.It is not a matter of choice that we were wired this way.However, if you were
to insist that you are right and i am wrong just merely because my perspective is different from yours, and impose your thinking on me, you are just portraying yourself as a mere fool,hypocritical,selfish person incapable of understanding this simple logic.

Therefore, in order to success and to get out from that two school of thoughts trap , we need to rid ourselves of the conventional wisdom , think out of box, beyond the norm , think of the 3rd perspective , the one perspective where we think of each other's perspective, accept our differences and compromise to come out with a consensus which will satisfy both sides .

Ah.. I digressed.. anyway , it was a very interesting experience after all. It was a very pleasant experience , being able to engage with some of the amazingly talented people who composed and performed their own songs .Seeing how talented some of those people in my university just made me yearn to learn more and more. I vow not to stop learning and continue to improve myself ,until I can stand on the same level as them and hopefully surpass them someday.

Moreover, it is the first time I felt such sense of gratitude towards my parents and family. Seriously , before my departure to university , I was completely ignorant of the fact and even occasionally hates them for restricting me and forcing me to make choices that satisfies them rather than myself.

However, as they say , going somewhere far makes your heart yearns. How true, after leaving do I realized that my parents are the best parents in the world ,especially my beloved mother. The realization hit me right on the face. It's amazing how one's mindset can changes so fast after leaving to other place. And oh yeah , my hometown's the best state too~ ;) . I may be biased in saying this , but truly Penang is a fantastic place to live in . It's not too crowded,very peaceful,has VERY GOOD FOOD and still developed enough for you to find a good job to make a living.

On the other hand, I am starting to familiarize myself with the K.L environment . The fragile , but livable hostel , the 2 noisy and wacky roommates , the tasteless ,limited choices of food , and the hectic lifestyle of sleeping late everynight and waking up in the wee hours of around 7 am. Oh well, they say familiarity breeds contempt . I guessed I have already went past that contempt phase, for now, I am just happy I have a roof on top of my head when I am sleeping ;)

Undeniably , after this episode, the best place to be in is definitely my home sweet home, my beloved hometown, Penang , together with my family. Now, with just one more big event to go , life is less hectic now , though my personal troubles and mid term exam still haunts me, one big dilemma still resides in my mind : Should I join these activities again next semester? or should I just quit everything and focus on my self-development and studies. A balanced, non-partisan analysis reviews that there are merits and disadvantages in both choices , though when emotions are involved , me being the lazy person in nature would probably choose the latter.

Oh well, the time to make those choices is still far away. For now , I guess I will just focus on the things right in front of me, and cherish them ;). I thank the higher authorities in the universe , for making my prayers come true and blessing me with an amazing family. Now , I hope things can only get better from now on, as the darkest hours , the worst, lowest moments of my life so far , the excruciatingly painful physical and mental torment that I have endured this past 2 weeks have ended. ;) Here's for a better tomorrow and more optimistic and cheerful posts in the near future ~ Toodles !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear that you enjoy your life in UM!

= Nuffnang =