twitter

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Anticipation

I love my local gym. Really I do . Even though it's a bit run down and dilapidated compared to other big , "professional " gym , I still love it ,considering that the price they charge is also very low compared to the rest. Price factor aside, I thing there's a certain kind of nostalgic feeling, when you kept going to the same gym for a year or so ? With the same people that kept coming back.

I think any place would also be special , after one has spent a considerable amount of time in it , right? That must be why the other bodybuilders kept coming back even though they could obviously afford a pricier and more modern gym . *heck one of them freaking drives a mercedes ! *

Anyway, the focus of today's post isn't about gym , but rather it's about the people inside. Having gone to the same gym for quite some time, it's safe to say that most, if not all bodybuilders are nice people ! Not to stereotype or bias but that's really what I can see from my observation. Why is that so ?

Except some ruffians and troublemakers who came just once or twice then quit , the rest of them are generally nice and friendly.In fact they are always willing to help, even though they don't talk much.Probably because they have all experienced the hardship of going through the transformation from small to big before? Either way , here's a typical scenario in the local gym near my area.

A young man, presumably in his mid twenties or so , clad in a tight fitting T-shirt bearing the "MuscleTech" logo , sporting a taekwando sport track , is doing his workout. Starting with his 50kg deadlift, he moves on to the abs exercise , doing them for around 30 minutes , then continuing with his biceps and triceps training . * if you never bodybuild before , you probably won't understand tis , but nevermind , I doubt anybody reads this anyway haha *At another corner, another young man , a rather talkative one , at the mere age of 19 , is doing 3x10 ,15kg bench press before moving on to his pull up and chin up. At the side, the caretaker of the gym, Mr Ong, despite his old age , displays monstrous physical strength by a startling 70 kg deadlift.

You see, when one is surrounded by such people doing such intense workout one after another, how could you not be motivated and inspired? I am extremely grateful and blessed to be able to participate in this wonderful sport surrounded by such great people. It's an honour really.

Now, what I wanna stress is how friendly and hospitable these people are. It's great to have such friends. As of now , there's roughly 25 more days or so till I begin my final phase of schooling , the uni life.

I am rather anxious and nervous thinking about what kind of friends I will make there as well as heaps of activities available there? Will it be the dull and lifeless kind or will it be my ideal active , productive and fun friends that will do crazy stuff with me? I am hoping for the latter. It is the final chance for me to enjoy schooling and I would love to make some good memories and friendship that will last a lifetime.

So,please ,to the higher being and authority that capable of deciding this, I beg of you , I pray , that may you fill my final chapter of schooling with colorful and wonderful memories , and paint it with happiness and joy that I have been craving for so much . May my friends too share similar blessing and enjoy their uni life ;). We may be treated unfairly by life , but I believe every true friends we made, help completes us, and subsequently rectify or rather complement our imperfection . There's no better joy then friendship and love afterall ! :D

So,here's hoping for the best future everyone can have ! Cheers !

No comments:

= Nuffnang =