twitter

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fitness

I could no longer bear to resist the temptation. I could no longer hide my feelings deep inside me. These emotions has been inside me for far too long...Enough is enough . It's finally time for the truth , the revelation ! Let it begin.

I hereby declare my unequivocal , irrevocable ,endearing love towards... BODY BUILDING! XD. Body building , gymming , pumping iron , whatever you call it , no one can deny that it's a tough sport that requires a lot of determination , tenacity and discipline to participate in. More so , when it's a sport where you will never actually see the end of it. In fact,many people would often go further to imply that it's no mere sport , it's a lifestyle !

To which I totally agree. It has been an amazing adventure so far.. Bodybuilding has taken me far and did wondrous things to me . In fact, I kinda regret starting it at a rather late age. Whether for staying fit and healthy , to grow bigger and develop muscles , or just because you are simply obsessed with it, everyone that goes to the gym have their own reason to do it.For me, it was because I got nothing better to do and just happen to stumble over the local gym near my area. Oh boy am I grateful for it.

I can still vividly recall the first day I went to the gym. It was with my another friend who at that point, already had the motivation to keep him going. Frankly , I was terrified and shocked.Upon entering it, I was flabbergasted to see the intensity and discipline those body builders are adopting in training their body. It was almost like it's a " do or die" thing for them. And looking at my own body at the mirror, I felt like digging a big hole and burying myself in it. I was practically a walking skeleton , and gosh how could I possibly be walking around parading my skeleton-like body before that, I have no idea.

It struck me then . It came to me that if I don't do something about it , nothing will change, and since I got time anyway, why not? It wouldn't take up too much time and effort right? And there i was wrong again. Dead wrong .Body Building , may I say , is one of the harshest sport in the world . It takes forever to grow, especially for a hard gainer like me.

Thus, with that in mind, along with other motivations, I started going to gym ... Slowly but surely , it has become almost like a lifestyle to me. Although I can't say I grew much , but there is definitely some changes with my body and I am proud to say that I did body build.Body building has shed a new light to me , putting a new lens for me to see a whole new world. Now, I am finally beginning to understand how tough it is , how much dedication , determination and discipline needed to stick to this lifestyle.

The end result though , is extremely rewarding and endearing. Provided that you go past the pain , you would be reborn a new man , much tougher and stronger , as the quote goes, what doesn't kill, simply makes you stronger ;).Oh, and there are other benefits to body building too, such as making new friends who have similar passion . Knowing that there are other people that are pumping iron as hard as you , putting in similar efforts , it's reassuring . In fact, I felt like there's a special bond between all the body builders. The fact that we did the extraordinary effort of sticking to the work out plan and exercising instead of slacking and rotting at home like the majority of the population does , is the proof that we are all connected and share the same special passion , the IRON.

I guess, being guys , going to gym and building body is the most intuitive and rational thing to do , aint' it ? Much like how girls would like to slim down and make sure their waist line does not grow, we guys are driven to feel the pain , go through it , and quench the insatiable thirst to acquire the perfect body .

So yeah.. a major shout out and salute to my fellow body builders out there ! Great job ! Keep on doing it :)

No comments:

= Nuffnang =