twitter

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

17 years old.

For some of you out there,today,might be just an ordinary day,a mundane day filled with nondescript routines that have been repeating itself over and over again,or it might be a day filled with exciting activities and exhilarating adventure that awaits you.

However,for me,today is a rather special day.An unique day that signifies something important in my life.A representation of life's aging cycle.Yes,like everyone else,people ages,so do I.Today,is my 17th birthday.A mark that I have reached yet another point of life where things will begin to change.

Now that I am 17 years old...
-I am older by another year
-I am beginning to enter the " real world"
-I am beginning to care about my future.
-I have learned that people will change ,with the flow of time albeit indefinitely.
-I have learned to differentiate friends and foes
-I have learned that anger is something scary,and if one is able to control it,quality of life would definitely improves dramatically.
-I have learned that if one steps out from his comfort zone,there will be countless opportunities awaiting him everywhere.
-I have learned that mere words without actions are futile and practically meaningless.
-I have learned that one needs to take a subtle yet pragmatic approach towards life in order to live a better life.
-I have learned that one should not ever judge another person by his/her appearance as they may prove to be deceptive.
-I have learned that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

=> I have learned that opportunities can be loss as easily as they can be gain.
=> I have learned that friends will eventually go separate ways as time proceed.
=> I have learned that human's emotion are best not to be tampered with,as they can cost great loss and destructions.
=> I have learned that things do not always go my way.Sometimes,one need to accept whatever mistakes that have been done and let it go just like that.
=> I have learned that time is too precious to be wasted just like that.
=> I have learned that I have been missing much of what life can offer simply because I lack strength,intelligent and effort.

Thinking back,it has been a long 16 years isn't it?This year has been a year full of ravaging feelings,an emotional roller coaster experience through out the whole year.Many have changed and yet many have remained the same.

Ironically,for the past 5 years being in school,I have been complaining and grumbling endlessly about how bad it is being in school and studying just for the sake of getting A and yet now,I am recapping and reminiscing about how wonderful school life is,without much worries and stresses,being with friends,enjoying myself everyday.

Life itself is a big Pandora's box isn't it?Troubles come at the moment when you least expected them,so does happiness and joy.It has been a great year this year.While I am still longing for the yesteryear's sweet and sour memories,I have to face the cruel fact.The bitter reality that life have to go on,and we have to move forward.

Gone are the days of yesteryear,living life without much worries,where everyday is just another fun day filled with mysteries and unknown adventures waiting for us to explore.As I stared back down the memory lane,I realised things didn't really change that much.The only one that is changing is you and me.Humans change.Thats all.Not that it can be helped either.

Now,I should just turn back and move forward,the way it is supposed to be.Ahead of me lies countless adventures and infinite possibilities.What is going to happen next depends solely on my effort.It would take a miracle to carve a perfect future.And for that miracle to happen,I need change.

It is the time now.Time for change.Time for me to decide.Let's go.Let's keep the flame of passion and the bright future keep on burning.Hang on there,buddy =D.




1 comment:

- Celine Teoh - said...

I've learnt the precious one are taken away by god faster than the not so ones.

= Nuffnang =