twitter

Monday, December 22, 2008

A matter of choice.

The birds were chirping,as if they were singing to a song,welcoming us with such a melodious tune.The picture perfect sceneries, were simply spectacular and astounding,almost glowing with a certain aura that would blind our eyes.And the weather.... ar.... not too hot or cold.The perfect weather for hiking ....Is it? NO!!!!

Those were what I had in mind before planning to hike Penang Hill.However,reality was far too cruel than fantasy.The deafening barking sound of dogs ,the danger of monkeys lurking everywhere,and the scorching heat from the sun...Awhh.. it is almost like living hell up there.The sceneries though was rather ok.

With several friends,7 to be exact ( excluding me ),we conquered Penang Hill.In those 3 excruciating hours,we experienced pain,heat,fatigue,and thirst.However,on the good side,we did experience joy,sweetness and a sense of accomplishment too.The journey itself was very exhilarating adventure.

Breaking away from the hustle and bustle of the city, a retreat to find happiness and peace in Penang Hill certainly is a welcoming experience.Upon reaching the top of Penang Hill,I felt like the lethargic and fatigue me just vanished into thin air.The majestic view itself was worth the effort already,coupled with the windy,chilling breeze up there,one would definitely be able to forget all the problems and troubles in city.

All this while , I have been living in the concrete jungle,stuffing myself up with all the stresses and problems.I had little chance to relax at all.In addition,when an opportunity arises and I was asked to go out, I declined it,citing various excuses and reasons.

This ought to stop.Today,I learned that by stepping out from my comfort zone,I actually can discover a whole new whole,and the benefits too , are boundless.Heck,I even met some good new friends.So,sure,why not?Next time,when anyone wanna go out, do call me =D .If it is possible, definitely I will go ! ( given that it doesn't require a lot of money,and not under some circumstances )

"When you say no,you say no to life.You must stop.You are not living at all.When an opportunity presents itself to you,you must say.. YES! YES ! YES!YES !!"

Familiar with the quote above?Yeah,that quote was from Yes Man,the latest comedy show starring Jim Carrey.It is definitely a nice show that carries an inspiring messag (sort of).I do guarantee that you will end up laughing out from the cinema if you watch it.

So,well thats all for now folks.Thanks again to my fellow friends for accompanying me today to conquer Penang Hill.We did it!!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.It's an interesting one!!

I havent learnt some vocabularies here.
Thanks Saufei! =]

= Nuffnang =