twitter

Monday, January 19, 2009

Work! Work ! Work

"Next time when you work,you will know how hard is it to earn money."Sounds familiar?Well,i am pretty sure this statement is what most parents would tell u when you spend A LOT of money in a short amount of time.

Alright,maybe there are some parents that are rich and would tell their children " Don't worry,go on, spend more, I have a lot more for u" But sheesh thats not the point.(Darn it how I wish my parent would say that to me. ) .Anyway,as for me, the former statement appears to be my mom's favourite cliche.

And everytime she said that to me, I would just go " Ok ok, I understand" and well , continue asking for more money to spend the next day.At those time, all I could think of is fun,nothing more nothing less.Well,you can't blame me.I was still with my childish thinking that money is something that can be obtained easily just by working.And yeah, at that moment,the only hard and tough thing I can think of is study.

For me at that time,studying is the worst "job" ever.Nothing else could even come close to it.And I thought working life was nothing.Definitely working would be much easier than studying right?Well,the harsh truth is,NO,boy,I couldn't be more wrong than ever.

Despite the many controversies and contradictions people had about working life,I am sure there is one thing that they will eventually reach a consensus and agree on one thing,which is : Working life is tough.

It is completely on a different scale than studying.Compared to it,studying seems like a child's play.First of all,working depends heavily upon the environment and the job you are doing.Unlike in school,if you can't mix well with your colleagues,that's it.You will probably be working alone all long.Secondly,there are no rooms for mistakes in working life.One mistake and if you offended the boss,you'r gone.

Well,actually it varies.As I said,it relies heavily on the environment.I am lucky I landed a safe job,with good (but not the best ) colleagues and quite a reasonable boss.Though I must say,here in the supermarket I am working in,the standard is quite low.Everything,from the means of communications,management and with all due respect,even the ability of the managers themselves can be questioned.

However,there is one undeniable benefit in being there,that is the managers and the people there are good and kind.For now,I am quite satisfied actually.having a bunch of "ok" colleagues,a deserving manager,and a so-so job.Frankly,though,there are a lot of things I still wanna complain about,but considering I could even get a job,while there are many other jobless people out there,I should be grateful.

For time being,things are going well.Finally,I step out from my comfort zone and start working.Though,now I am slowly depriving time for my own self-enrichment.Is it worth it?I shall wait a while longer and see how it goes.Hopefully,things will get better = ].

By the way,in this few days I can't seems to stop thinking about the past.Nostalgias from the yesteryears are catching up,and I can no longer contain this feeling of excitement.I truly misses the old times.Ah....being a student is the best damn thing ever.How I wish I could relive those moments....





No comments:

= Nuffnang =