twitter

Friday, June 20, 2008

Of temptation and willpower.

I wasn't in a mood to blog until just now, when i read some of the blog posts recommended by innit .Seriously, wow whenever I am not in the mood to blog, just a few glances to some interesting posts by others, and bang~ the mood comes flying to me. Hahah reading ppl's blog is nice and it will somewhat affect your mood if the post's topic is directly related to your life.

Like just now, i was looking for some interesting posts to read and came across this post about willpower.I am kinda interested for my willpower is weak i guess. Due to my constant procrastination and lack of time management , almost all of my works are stuck =.-. Then again, i always blame it on my will power.That is why ,when i read the post, i was particularly intrigued .

This post tells you how to strengthen your willpower.I find the post very meaningful and very true too.First of all, the temptation~ This is definitely a big obstacle to cross in your journey to have a stronger willpower.What does it mean by temptation ?You know, the thing that come across your mind whenever you wanna study ? I.e play computer games , stay around on9 doing nothing in front of the com... and a lot more useless stuffs. That are temptations.These things are usually very alluring and attractive.Now, as for how to overcome them ?

The blogger suggests that the best way to overcome temptation is, to simply accept the fact that temptation exists and don't let it control your mind.Instead,control it.To put it simply, control it and manipulate it to your own benefits.One way to do this might be to place the temptation as a prize for your hard work.For instances,your temptation might be ... want to watch tv.And the problem is.. you wanna study! So , simply manipulate that temptation as your prize to study.Think something like this "I will only get to watch tv once i finish studying this chapter"

2nd obstacle, reasons and excuses.Just as how we could manipulate things to our own benefits,our mind has the power to manipulate our thoughts to slack off too.Haha this always happen to me ^^.Everytime i tried to study , i will somehow subconciously find some excuses to get out of it.Example, no table , no time, need to rest and many more lame excuses =.- So, don't try excuses.One of the solution might be to try to be more self-aware and don't let your desires control you.Control them instead! Everytime you try to think of some reasons/excuses , SNAP out of it!,tell yourself,NO this isn't what i want, I want to [insert whatever beneficial things that you wanna do here ] and hopefully , it will work out heheh.

3rd obstacle,decisions making.This is what i am relatively weak in .As mentioned in my previous post, i wasn't capable of making an absolute decision.My heart constantly wavers between desires and things i hope to do.One possible solution is absolute isolation.This is what i always try .By absolute isolation, no i don't mean lock yourself in some deserted island or hide somewhere no one can see you .Simply put it, just confine yourself in somewhere where there is no disturbances that will trigger your desires and tempations.For me, i go to my parent's room where there is no computer =D. With that ,your heart will stick to where it is.Only your true aim should be remain in your mind.

Conclusion,don't think too much , just stick with your goals =D Actually there is a way to hone your willpower. If one was trained to handle stuffs usually without procrastination, then he/she should be able to stick to the schedule nicely.I seen most of the top scorers in my school always adhere to their schedules strictly and study consistently.(unlike me who always study last minute :P ) I think that is the reason why they always remain in the top-notch category ^^] since form 1.

hehe ok now,for some totally unrelated posts, i got myself a nice little toy to play with now,Thanks to wy xD.*ta da* drumrolls* I present to you, the Summarize !Here is a short description of what is it from their website

" Samurize is an advanced system monitoring and desktop enhancement engine for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. IT professionals, overclockers, gamers and desktop modders alike use Samurize for system information, weather reports, news headlines and much much more. And best of all, Samurize is 100% free! "

Totally cool XD.And yea i totally love my desktop now,so cool XD. Here, take a look (comments and critics are widely welcomed! ) ^^ (the desktop wallpaper is taken from here ) I just added the two zens and some flame streaks haha. Btw, if anyone got a good to-do-list/planner/organiser software,do recommend me pls ^^ * i am in serious need of it to strengthen my willpower XP)






2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

wow, very detailed blogging on this subjective topic. keep it up!

=ʑɛɳ9night= said...

thanks for your support ^^ will do XD

= Nuffnang =