twitter

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

National Service

12th August 2008,at around 8 something , I had a shocking news.Just as usual , I wake up from my deep slumber and online immediately." Ah, everything is gonna be the same , it will be just a few people that online and there will be nothing new." ,such was my thought at that moment.Boy,I couldn 't be more wrong than that.My usually "dead " and contacts-less msn suddenly displays a lot of people online.As I glanced through my contact's personal message,I saw something in common.They all have more or less has a " NS " word in their pm.That's when I realise something was wrong.Something was going on that time.Not until one of my friend messages me to tell me that the National Service (NS) results has been announced.

ZOMG ! OMG OMG OMG ! Unlike some others that decided not to know about it , I quickly heads to the official website and check it.Unfortunately,it seems that the website is lagging due to the absurb numbers of visitors.Or maybe just poor website maintainance. Either way, It seem that I can check using phone too.So, in hurry, I smsed NS(space)my ic to 33995 and WAH LA.My result.... eek

"TAHNIAH,Anda telah DIPILIH untuk menyertai Program Latihan Khidmat Negara sesi 6/2009 " =.- And there goes my hope of spending my holiday happily with my own plans.Upon receiving the result, I fell in the state of panic and fear,words alone can't even describe this feeling.There,I will let this pictures do the talking.





Cute eh those pics?XD. OK.... Calm Down... After a few minutes of asking others whether they got the "gift" of going NS or not, finally I has decided to accept the truth. Well, since I am being selected to go , there is nothing I can do ( Actually , I can choose to skip it by several means which I will discuss later ).So,might as well be calm and accept it naturally .Afterall,it could be fun =D or it could be my worst nightmare =/. Either way, after some "creative " discussion with friends, I found out that there are actually several ways one can avoid it.

1)If you have a severe,contagious sickness with an official medical certificate and approval from doctor,you can easily skip it. Ok maybe no need to be severe and contagious, Better yet,if yuo have a doctor as your parent,just ask your father to scribble some letter about a disease and make it sounds very bad and believable can d xD (example : WLINCS (Will die if No computer syndrome )

2) You can postpone it or go to overseas to study till the expiry age(lol expiry age,how did I get that term ).One of my friend told me that the expiry age for NS is 35 years old =.-.So,for those going overseas, stay there till 35! XD.

3)I dunno, just somehow, run all over the country and live as a fugitive =D

Ah.. I dunno. I have mixed feelings now.A part of me is getting excited of what lies ahead in the NS training camp while the other part of me fears that something will go wrong and it will be a disaster there.Lets judge the pros and cons of this NS thingy,shall we?

Pros
-Able to meet new friends ( hot chicks should inspire you if you are a guy =D ,if u are a gay,...well there are still guys for you ^^.)
-Able to do some fitness training there .( Hoping to get six pack and muscles all over your body?Dream on la , some scars maybe la )
-Able to get closer to your old friends. Perhaps they are gonna be in the same camp as you?
-Able to waste spend your time wisely. (HAH you must be a super bored guy to be willing to go there to spend your time )

Cons
-Wasting all the times that you can use for other purposes.(I.e Study? Nawh Have fun la Spm over! GO out with friends everyday ,Go party , Go overnight , Go do whatever that are "beneficial " )
-You will get a nice hairstyle for free! BALD hair!(There goes all the super cool hairstyle that you dream of doing )
-Worse, you might not meet new friends or even old friends.Unlucky and you will meet some racists bastards that will jeer and bully you for the rest 3 months.
-You end up getting all those bumps and scars instead of muscles.

There ya go, pros and cons. I shall do nothing for now while let time decide my future.We shall see ! I am hoping for a good ending though =D.Here are some pictures that I "borrow" from other's blog lol.


Air-conditioned sleeping room? No, haze-conditioned maybe
The uniforms blends you together with nature, so even if you lost, don't worry, no one will notice.
Human cannon anyone?

Pics Source : This blog

A happy memory .. awh... maybe? hehe

Hope I can get a memorable experience in NS if I am going.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NS ar...

not that bad la actually...

All the seniors that I know who came back from the NS,they said it was a nice experience!!

Go ask Yik Ping, i think he will say congrates to you!
hahaa...

I can see that he enjoyed very much in NS last time...=D

=ʑɛɳ9night= said...

Hahha really ar? I hope I will be able to enjoy it also lah XD

= Nuffnang =