twitter

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Story of Life 2.

My heart is throbbing,my body is aching.Ah...the never-ending pain.It is a sign that my life is finally coming to an end?As the pain finally settled down, i looked outside the window,noticing some cheerful kids playing and fooling around.*Sigh* If only I could return to those times.I looked on as my entire life flashed before me one last time.

******

I was the only child of my family.Being the one and only ,i was given the comfort and priority to get the best out of everything.Despite the dire financial crisis my parents were facing , they tried their best to provide me with everything i needed.As I was conscious of our financial state,I wasn't being too demanding also.During my primary school time, i was the only one without any toys or action figures others had.The same happened in secondary school , I was the only one without computer.Everytime I saw my friends with their new gadgets and toys, I couldn't help but to envy and bear jealousy feelings towards them.There are so much things that i wanted to buy, so much things that i wanted to learn, and so much more that i can and want to do with the presence of money.

Unfortunately,my parents couldn't afford it.As a matter of fact, my parents were struggling even to just pay off my father's debt.Yes,back in his glory of youth,my father was a heavy drunker and gambler.All his money was used in gambling and buying alcohols.Yet,my mother remained loyal to him and stick to him until the end.Finally,after being sacked from his job of salesman and being chased by creditors ,he repented.That was all old story now.I didn't bear any hatreds toward my parents though,as I know they are doing their best to provide proper educations and other necessary stuffs to me.I blamed it all on fate.Fate for being born in this poor family,fate for living in poverty and fate for being unable to be rich.

My mother often told me "Son, money isn't everything.Look , without money we can still live happily right?One day ,the storm will clear and the sun will shine. That will be the day we achieved our true happiness " Those quotes of her was always being accompanied with her gentle smile.There are some truths in those quote but i couldn't disagree more on her saying that "Money isn't everything". Money isn't everything but it isn't anything too.In this cruel world of materialism and realism,money is needed in nearly everything we wanted to do and time has proven me right.

One day,my father came back with a heart-breaking news,he was diagnosed with having a tumor in his brain.Though not incureable,it would require a large amount of money to perform a surgery to remove the tumor,probably around RM20 k or so.At the sheer thoughts of money, my mother shuddered with fear.How could we earn that much when we couldn't even afford to pay our debts off?With just a few months left to live,my father gave up hope and went back to his old lifestyle.Near the end of his life, alcohol was still his best friend and gambling was his sole solitude.Finally, my father left the world without leaving anything behind.My mother, went berserk after my father's death and lost her sanity due to intense stress of works.

Now,all that's left in my family was me.Starting from that day, I never look the same way to money and wealth as I did last time.Money and wealth was my top priority.By hook or by crook,money and wealth must be attained.That was my only aim that time.Due to insufficient funds , i quitted school at the age of 15.Without any qualifications and working experience, i wandered around aimlessly , and eventually living my life as a labour worker.Those days were tough and i struggled everyday just to continue living.I wanted to change job, I wanted to earn more money but without any qualification and at such a young age, what other job can i do? I finally found my answer when one of my old friends came and asked me to join their job."What job?" I asked Wayne.To my utter suprise ,his reply was "Drug dealer ".Though reluctant at first,but the agonizing pains and sufferings working as a labour worker and the desire to earn money quickly blinded my sight.I finally succumbed to my greed and abandoned my code of justice and honour.

Within a short period of time, I earned a lot of money without ever having to work hard under the hot sun. I did felt guilty but the unbelievably large amount of money earned over a short time got the best out of my conscience.From there on, there is no turning back.I decided that I would do my best in making money the easy way.After a few years, I became an infamous black market dealer.I was a renowned figure in the underworld.Along the way,I did a lot of backstabbing , trickeries and a lot other treacherous and horrible things. I couldn't be bothered by it now.Now, I had gained both wealth and power.

With those wealth and power, I became a completely different person.I would often indulged in gamblings,smoking,drug dealing and even unprotected sex.This could be the black spot in my history but I don't give it a damn.The me at that time only know how to enjoy life to it's fullest... or at least that's what the foolish me thought.I became more and more reckless.Health wasn't even in my slightest thought.I neglected all the medical check ups and people around me.

A few months passed and one day , I received a bad news.My personal doctor told me that I was diagnosed with a chronic disease and it is at its terminal stage.In other words, my disease was incureable.If only I had done my routine medical check ups.... If only I had been more careful with my personal hygiene.I almost went insane at that point. I had the money!!! So, why can't I cure my disease???

They told me that it is only a matter of time before the disease start paralysing my entire body.Indeed,soon enough ,my legs were unable to move anymore.I had to stay in the hospital.As I was sulking and lamenting in my hospital ward , I met an old man there.I was amazed when he told me what happened to him.He was twice as old as me, and had even more severe disease than me.His whole body had been paralysed,leaving him the ability to talk only.Even so, he didn't regret a thing and was still happy.I asked him " Old man, do you have any money ?" He replied with a "No".Again, I asked him, "Then, do you have any power or fame?".He still replied with a "No".Curious and shocked ,I muttered "Then , how can you still be happy near the end of your life???". He gave me a weak but gentle smile and said "Son,sometimes money and power are not needed,Happiness is a thing that cannot be bought.I had married the love of my life and had some loyal sons,what else could I asked for?They are my source of happiness "

I was shocked.His words slapped me on my face and made me realised how wrong i was my entire life.I traded my souls to the devil just to earn some dirty money.....Now,in the near end of my life, I don't have any loved ones to visit me... nor do I have any source of happiness.I decided that I would donate all my wealths to the charity fund and scholarships for the sake of others.That's the least I could do to atone for my sins.

******
Now,staring at innocent smile of those childrens make me happy.They are the childrens that had recovered using my money I donated.Oh yeah, did I mention that the old man that was cured?Apparently, he needed some money to perform some complex and expensive surgery. I helped him and the surgery was a success.Now,he is living happily with his families.Ah....Finally , I am able do something good.As I lied on the bed, I could heard some heavenly tune and my dead parent's voice.Oh...looks like my time has come,I closed my eyes one last time.

"Mom,Dad,I am coming!Let's be a happy family once again without the need of money in the otherworld."





1 comment:

Blogger said...

Come and see how THOUSAND of people like YOU are earning their LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
SUBSCRIBE NOW

= Nuffnang =